Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Eyes Have It

Someone once said "The eyes are the window to the soul."

My son has the most beautiful baby blue eyes. Not that I am biased or anything. He was born with them and they stayed the most gorgeous blue. Even though I can lay no biological claim on my child, it's amazing that he and I have the exact shade of grey/blue eyes. And even though my husband has blue eyes, too, his are much more clear than ours. Sam gets to look like his daddy, the least he can do is have my eye color!

So maybe that is why I love photographing them.

And why I love making them pop!

A little brush, and little change in opacity, sometimes a little tweak of the tint. That's all it took to make the eyes shine.
BEFORE:
AFTER:
BLACK & WHITE WITH COLOR TINT: maybe I should have tinted more?
BEFORE:
AFTER:
BEFORE:
AFTER:


And in closing, to quote Elton John: Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen!

No comments: