Saturday, June 27, 2009

Yet More Wildflowers to Pick

My kid LOVES flowers. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If we pass by a flower anywhere I have to let him pick one or we'll never hear the end of it. But, that allows me the chance to shoot away without any objection from him.


Here are the latest flower shots. I'll be sad when this field of wildflowers is gone for the summer.


This shot is straight out of camera (SOC) and unedited. Not bad, not bad. But let's adjust the color levels and contrast.



The color makes the yellow pop and the contrast really helps to define the details on the Queen Anne's Lace. Now, let's take it down a notch.

This makes it look all golden and lovely. Like a shot from the 1970's. And finally, my favorite.

I put black and white on top of the golden picture and increased the grain. Makes it look like and old newspaper, huh? Then I burned the edged to give it a vignette look.

Hope you enjoyed! Get playing with your pictures! It's amazing what you can do in just a few minutes to make those special pictures even more special!

1 comment:

::Traci:: said...

These are the most amazing photos!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your encouragement!